Last Updated 3/15/2021
Please check back frequently.
In-person Shopping: Mon – Sat. 11am – 4pm, Closed Sunday
Curbside Pick-up: Mon – Sat 11 am – 4 pm, Closed Sunday
Phone Orders: Mon – Sat 11 am – 4 pm, Closed Sunday
Call us at 410-788-7262 during business hours.
Shipping is available for all purchases. Please call the shop and order over the phone, or stop by in-person during business hours. Calls are preferred, but you can email us for less immediate service at email@example.com
COVID-19 Policies at Cloverhill Yarn Shop
Thank you in advance for your cooperation! 🙂
- A maximum of 4 customers will be allowed at any time. We rarely reach this limit, but if it does happen we will ask you to wait a few minutes before entering. All of our customers have been happy to finish their shopping and purchases quickly to allow waiting customers to come in. (Yarn shop customers are the best!) …. Yes, we acknowledge that capacity restrictions have been lifted in the State of Maryland, but SOCIAL DISTANCING IS STILL REQUIRED. We have limited floor space and our experiences over the last year have made it clear that 4 shopping customers plus shop staff is a comfortable number that still allows everyone mostly free movement within the shop while maintaining social distancing.
- Face Masks are required to enter the shop. Your mask must cover your mouth, nose, and chin. Face shields or screens that are open on any sides are not replacements for a face mask. If you are unable to wear a mask, please call before you come so that we can work with you to make appropriate accommodations.
- Wash your hands with soap and water in our bathroom as soon as you arrive. When you arrive please head straight through to the back of our shop to wash your hands. Remember, its about time, not temperature. Lather for 20 seconds or more please. Hand sanitizer is not substitute for hand washing when soap and water are available. We are small enough to give everyone access to our soap and water.
- Maintain 6 foot social distancing at all times. Be aware of your surroundings, other customers, and cones or other items designating customer areas and social distancing.
- All needles, notions, etc. are located behind the register. Shop staff will be happy to retrieve them for you at your request.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the shop at this time.
- Winding Yarn from outside the shop: We can wind yarn from your stash (aka anything purchased previously, or from elsewhere), but we will hold your yarn in a short rest period of 2 days before winding. We’ll contact you when it is complete and ready for pick up. If you plan to drop of yarn for winding, please provide your name and phone number with your items. We will still wind yarn immediately if you have purchased it the same day.
- We offer walk-in help at the shop. If you have a question about your pattern, not sure if your doing it right, or have a mistake that needs to be fixed, we are still offering help. Bring your project in during regular business hours and let us take a look. If your project needs more in-depth fixing, we may ask if you will leave it with us to resolve. Fixing that goes beyond 15 minutes will be treated as a private lesson/fix-it time which is priced at $30/hr. Time will be charged starting at the 15-minute point in 15-minute increments.
- No in person classes or private lessons at this time. Due to the limitations placed on us as a result of COVID-19, we do not currently offer any in-person classes or private lessons. We hope to get back to our in-person activities as soon as possible. Please check back frequently. We expect the vaccine rollout and summer temperatures to begin changing things for the better at a rapid pace, but are still not able to commit to any future dates at this time.