Learn to Weave
Beginner to Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving Classes Available
Our weaving classes are divided into 3 levels. Please review our offerings to find what is right for you. If you are interested in one of the classes listed below that is not currently scheduled, please let us know.
Beginning Level Classes – No Experience Necessary. Looms Provided.
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving: My first Scarf
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving: with Indirect Warping Let us know if you are interested.
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving: Explorations
Intermediate Level Classes – Next step after beginner classes. Must own a loom to use in classes.
- Rigid Heddle Weaving: Introduction to Pooled Warp
- Rigid Heddle Weaving: Introduction to Color and Weave Returning in Late Winter 2019
- Rigid Heddle Weaving: Introduction to Pick Up Sticks Returning in Late Winter 2019
Advanced Level Classes – Confidence in weaving and loom set-up on your own is required. Must own a loom to use in classes.
- Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving: Double Heddle – Double Your Sett Let us know if you are interested.
- Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving: Double Heddle – 3-Shaft Straight Draw Dates TBD
- Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving: Double Heddle – Double Weave Dates TBD
by appointment with Stephanie
Private lessons are available. If a class schedule or topic does not suit your needs please contact the shop to see if a private lesson can be coordinated.
Direct Warping your Rigid Heddle Loom
$100.00 – 2.5-hour class, 1 meeting
a private lesson by appointment with Stephanie
Direct warping is a quick and easy way of dressing your loom that is well suited the simple warps typical of rigid heddle projects. If it is your first-time direct warping, or it’s been a while and you need a helping hand, this class will get you set up and ready to weave on your rigid heddle loom. If you already know how to dress your loom using a warping board, this is another method you can add to your arsenal.
This class will cover:
estimating the size of your project (a scarf or similar)
calculating yardage requirements for warp and weft (using balanced plain weave)
direct warping your loom
This class is for weavers who already own a rigid heddle loom and have some basic weaving experience or have completed our beginning weaving class. This class is not intended for a first-time weaver. Please ask about our rigid heddle weaving classes or private lessons if you are a first-time weaver.