Our weaving classes are divided into 3 levels. Please review our offerings to find what is right for you. Click the links above to see classes organized by level of experience.
Beginning Level Classes – No Experience Necessary. Looms Provided.
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving: My first Scarf March 2nd 10:30 am – 4:30 pm, 3rd 10:30 am to 1:00 pm, and 9th 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving: with Indirect Warping Let us know if you are interested.
- Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving: with Direct Warping April 13, 14 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm April 27,28 from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Intermediate Level Classes – Next step after beginner classes. Must own a loom to use in classes.
- Rigid Heddle Weaving: Introduction to Pooled Warp March 16th 10:30 am – 1:00 pm, March 23rd 10:30 am – 5:30 pm and April 6th 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Rigid Heddle Weaving: Introduction to Color and Weave Returning in Late Winter 2019
- Rigid Heddle Weaving: Introduction to Pick Up Sticks Returning in Late Winter 2019
Advanced Level Classes – Confidence in weaving and loom set-up on your own is required. Must own a loom to use in classes.
- Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving: Double Heddle – Double Your Sett Let us know if you are interested.
- Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving: Double Heddle – 3-Shaft Straight Draw Dates TBD
- Advanced Rigid Heddle Weaving: Double Heddle – Double Weave Dates TBD
by appointment with Stephanie
Private lessons are available. If a class schedule or topic does not suit your needs please contact the shop to see if a private lesson can be coordinated.
Direct Warping your Rigid Heddle Loom
$75.00 – 2.5 hour class, 1 meeting
a private lesson by appointment with Stephanie
Direct warping is a quick and easy way of dressing your loom that is well suited the simple warps typical of rigid heddle projects. If it is your first time direct warping, or it’s been a while and you need a helping hand, this class will get you set up and ready to weave on your rigid heddle loom. If you already know how to dress your loom using a warping board, this is another method you can add to your arsenal.
This class will cover:
estimating the size of your project (a scarf or similar)
calculating yardage requirements for warp and weft (using balanced plain weave)
direct warping your loom
This class is for weavers who already own a rigid heddle loom and have some basic weaving experience or have completed our beginning weaving class. This class is not intended for first time weavers. Please ask about our rigid heddle weaving classes or private lessons if you are a first time weaver.